Wednesday, December 9, 2009

President Eyring

Our Hearts Knit as One was an amazing talk, and reminded me why I love President Eyring! I liked how he started out with talking about how we each come from different circumstances. I think as teachers we need to be aware of that from our students, not that we judge them or expect more or less from them based on that information, but that we know where they have come from in their life. It also stood out to me when he talked about unity that he said "The need for that gift and the challenge to maintain it." I want to remember to maintain the unity that we have, so it's something I am constantly working on and building with my students. He mentioned praying and working for unity in the Lord's way, I wonder what that means specifically. How can I work for unity in the Lord's way? There was a promised blessing that when we are blessed with unity we will have joy, I want joy in my classroom and to feel joy when I work with students to accomplish tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment