Sunday, December 6, 2009

Briana's Response #15

I'm always interested to find out what kinds of arguments can be placed forth when an attack on an arts program is made. I'm sure I will have to defend my own program at some point or another, or defend the program at my children's school. I, of course, have my own responses and defenses, but it's always good to see others fighting as well. I thought this article was extremely interesting because it didn't look at theatre in the sense that it just simply needs to stay in our programs, but it gave good solid reasons and products that theatre creates in an education setting. I think this case, the article discussed many different literacies. Such as "teaching students to be active and not passive, teach them to explore big issues, social, celebrates and uses popular culture, promotoes caring kinship." In term of theatre, it teaches form of confidence in students, teaches them about other types of life and culture, and helps build relationships between the students and others in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment