Monday, December 7, 2009

Megan's Spiritual Literacies Response

First of all I love President Erying and his wise words of wisdom from the Lord. He has spoken of truths that can be applied to teaching in a theatre classroom. There will be many different kinds of people in the classroom from different race, culture, gender, or religion. My job in the classroom is to create unity with everyone. I need to help everyone work together. When I am doing productions pushing those principles of working hard and lifting one another up will help with unity. Everyone has to work together in a production or it won’t succeed. I think also a theatre classroom should be a positive one. A place where talents are discovered and students are actively learning and becoming better people from the ideas discussed. Feedback is also given in a theatre classroom and a system can be set up where it is constructive and positive building and will help them improve and not tear them down. I can encourage spiritual literacies in my classroom by emphasize principles instead of values. I can teach my students to become better people, welcome differences, to not judge others and help them support their classmates. This is better than saying things about certain religions or trying to preach my religion in the classroom. Everyone can agree on principles like treat others as you want to be treated or aim high or be positive. Things like that are easier to understand and are more welcome than preaching my religion. I want my classroom to be a positive one and knowing the basic principles of my religion will really help with that. I don’t have to say that I am Mormon but I can try to act as a disciple of Christ and be an example to my students. I want my students to feel better when they leave than when they came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment