Sunday, November 29, 2009

Briana's Response #11

Contextual factors is never something I really thought about. Well, what I mean to say is that I thought about it but it was something that I did inherently without realizing that what I was thinking about were actually contextual factors. One of the biggest ones that I've come to make plans for in our teaching at Springville high school has been the fact that our students very much like to talk to one another. There are certain students who will continually chat if you let them be near one another. This is something I've had to think about and I've definitely used the teacher proximity to try and diminish the amount of talking that goes on while we're teaching. Another thing, and this may be because of the teacher's work environment or for some other reason, is we have many students who miss numerous days of class and are therefore behind in work and difficult to work with in groups. I never thought about having to deal with something like that. It's a big problem, especially for those students who are in groups with them. But this is something that needs to be taken into account when putting students in groups or doing assignements.

No comments:

Post a Comment