Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heather's Teaching Post-2

I have never had the opportunity to do lesson planning in a group before. It has been a really interesting experience. In many ways it has been great, I feel like I learn so much from Meagan and Chelsea. Each of us with our different personal learning style brings ideas from so many different perspectives, which has been wonderful. We’ve each noticed different things in the classroom and have been able to collaborate together to create stronger lesson plans. I’ve learned SO much from these girls and the things they see that I haven’t noticed, and the ideas they put into the lessons inspire more ideas in me as a teacher, I really love it.
On the other hand, it has been hard for me in planning lesson plans as a group because I like to just sit down in my room and write a unit. I like to plan and format in my own specific way and come up with activities and hooks and instruction all on my own. I find creating lesson plans a time for my mind to be creative and I like taking charge and doing that on my own. Planning lesson plans as a group had really helped me learn to collaborate, to be creative in a group and not just alone. It has helped me to listen better to other peoples’ ideas and realize I might not always be the one with the best ideas. I feel that after this group lesson writing process I will just be stronger as a teacher in my lesson planning from all I’ve learned from my group!

No comments:

Post a Comment