Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Post! Post!


I really enjoyed reading about assessments and how they should be more then just a sit down test of information. In my multicultural education class this semester my teacher has said that pressure to learn rarely makes information stick. He's a big advocate of read the information and we'll discuss the questions that you have. I think that especially in high school you see so many students who are stressed for tests in their other classes that it's difficult for them to retain the information that is actually important! I think that there should also be a balance, especially in theater classes where so much work is group based that as a teacher I need to be aware of who actually knows the information and who is just along for the ride because of other students. I think creative assessments will be much better at promoting creativity in my class and help the students apply the knowledge they are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment