Sunday, November 29, 2009

Student Centered Learning

I want my classroom to be student centered in every way. Not that the students feel like they can run everything and walk all over me. But in the sense that they know that I know them, and that they know they will stretch and grow in my class room. I want them to interact with each other and have a sense of trust and understanding with each other as students. I want them to take ownership of their education. As a teacher I want to know the needs of all of my students and have the constant goal for each one to reach a measure of success. I wonder about how I am supposed to not focus on the administration and just the students. I know that there will be quotas I have to reach and parents who think that they know better. So I think that keeping students in mind will be easy in theory and I don't want to get distracted by what outside people are saying. I will implement student teaching moments where they are able to share their knowledge with each other and group learning so that they are able to learn collaboration with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment