Sunday, November 29, 2009

Teaching Day Three

I loved teaching today! We talked about characters and how they can build characters and today I felt like the lesson plan just built perfectly off each point. We had them write a monologue at the end of class as their character. The monologue also served as an assessment to make sure they did it. But when they did their monologues some of them were stumped and wondering what to write. So I reminded them of the activity that we did of tablos for their new perspective of their story and it went awesome. I told them to think of a tablo that their character was a big part of and then write how they felt about it. I was thinking, man, I would like to feel this was after every lesson plan. I think one thing we are getting better at is gaging how long an activity will actually take. One thing I'd like to keep in mind for all my lesson plans is what activities to do if there is extra time. Like games or discussions that will build on the lesson so they don't just sit around the last 5 minutes of class. I think that will help students know that as the teacher I value their time in my class and want them to always be learning and exploring. Today we didn't need the extra activities because they all stayed on task and we were able to accomplish all that we wanted them to do. And the monologues will later be put in their full length script so they already have a starting point for most of the characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment