Monday, November 30, 2009

Briana's Response # 12

Student centered learning is something that seems like it should be inherent in all the teaching we do. What kind of teacher teaches for the benefit of themselves? In my opinion, that's just an excuse for not being able to do something the person wanted to do. Something I want to make sure I do when I'm teaching is not include myself and my own personal involvement in the activities too much. If I'm the one doing the activity and the kids are simply watching, then they're aren't the one's learning and it means I'm not teaching. The students need to be involved in everything, giving answers, participating and giving any kind of information they can. In my future classroom, I want to do continual assessments from the students in order to make sure their learning is actually happening and I don't just think it is. That's one of the biggest problems I see myself having. By checking the students, I can make sure their learning comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment