Sunday, November 29, 2009

Teaching Day Two

I learned so much from todays lesson about classroom management! And what to do when some students get done 10 minutes before other students on a project. It was a huge learning day. We took them to the library to pick out a fairy tale story for their script. When you get students in a new environment they act completely different. I feel like once we got them back to their class they were much more focused and willing to listen to us. I think I am learning the balance between instruction and activity. Many activities need to be explained before they get broken into groups. And I think because in so many classes I hear not to spend so much time lecturing I get worried that they are going to get bored. I think that as I teach more and more I will be able to know what the balance is between instruction and activities. I want them to put to use the knowledge that they have, but first I want to teach them to make sure they know it. Another thing I struggle with is knowing what they do know and what they don't, because I've only met them one time before this lesson. I just want them to benefit from being in my classroom, and for their knowledge to increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment