Monday, November 9, 2009

Megan's Teaching Response 1, post #7

Today was my first teaching day and I think it went really well! It was my first time teaching with Krystle and Kirsten in that space and with those kids so it was a lot of firsts. What I would like to talk about is lesson plans. We had a great lesson plan, but we had no idea that these kids would be even greater. They are very on top of things and there are only 8 of them which means that we got through everything really fast. I was pulling some things out of my pocket at the end, but thankfully it all tied in. Thankfully I have taken all the classes that I have because we were able to do something at the end which was great and then we tied it in to our lesson that day. It was a great experience because it taught all of us that yes you will have a lesson plan but sometimes you need to adjust things, change things, take things out etc. We were planning to do an activity but the kids were so great that they already talked about what we were to learn in that activity that we just went on and skipped over it, which made us have to think of things at the end. Overall it was a great experience and I am excited to go again on wed and be better and learn more class room management, oh man that is such a trial and error issue, but a great one! It was also the first time that I taught from my lesson plan, when I have taught usually it has been someone else's so I thought it was awesome that it didn't bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment